Friday, April 15, 2011

Coming out of Denial

Someone asked me if I was pregnant the other day. When I re-told the story (thinking it was preposterous that anybody could think that, the guy I told said 'well, you do have a bit of a belly'. The fact that he is morbidly obese and the woman who asked me if I was pregnant was tiny and Cambodian has nothing to do with this. I have a belly, and I didn't think I did. I knew I was putting on weight, but I was getting into my old mind set of thinking that as soon as I wanted to lose it, I could. I thought I looked 'okay enough'. But I don't want that - I want to look awesome, because it makes me feel awesome when I do. I want to lose 10kgs, and I can do that in five weeks if I diet and exercise steadily and sensibly. I will still be a healthy weight, but my clothes will fit better, and I will feel better. Maybe I won't look pregnant any more! So I have been eating a good breakfast, juicing for lunch and having either a soup or yoghurt for dinner. I'm also cutting out alcohol entirely and almost eliminating sugar (it's in my soya milk and yoghurts- it's hard to avoid it in Thailand). I haven't seen results yet because I started yesterday. I don't own scales, but I am pretty sure my weight is around 65kgs. I want it to be around 55kgs by May 22nd (five week's time). It's healthy and manageable, so this time I will keep at it. No more holiday binges.

No comments:

Post a Comment