Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Milk and Mango experiment


I had lunch with a friend today, and we discussed a mutual acquaintence who lost a whole heap of weight in just four months; she went from a UK size 14-16 to a skinny size 8. And her legs are now the most incredibly long, flawless things you've ever seen. She's like a baby giraffe.


Anyway, I was thinking (as I often do) how amazing it would be to lose significant amounts and then do a big 'reveal' when friends and family come to visit. I guess we all think that - if we have a reunion, or a wedding where we will be seeing people we don't every day, it's always lovely to have people tell you you've lost weight. So, since I barely ever see anyone I know these days, I'm always thinking about losing weight for the next meet-up.


Actually - last time I saw people, I had put on a few pounds, and everyone noticed. My brother-in-law told me I looked better for it (whatever - nobody wants to hear theey've put on weight), and my friend said nothing- until another friend walked in the door. He told her she looked incredible and had lost SO much weight and looked great. These things felt awful. Putting on weight - even if it's just a few pounds - sucks.


Anyway, I have decided that the best way to do it is by only eating one proper meal a day. For breakfast, I will feast on fruit. For lunch, I will eat a healthy Thai meal of som tam (papaya salad) or roast sweet potato, or similar. For dinner, I will sip soya milk.


I love the soya milk here - there are so many varieties. So, even though - to you- soya milk for dinner sounds awful, to me it's a bit of a treat. Yum!


I will start tomorrow and let you know my progress. By the way; starting tomorrow doesn't mean I am spending the day eating oreos and chips today. I've just already eaten two solid meals.


Hopefully, the next time any of my friends see me, I will be of ballet dancer proportions. Or at least will have dropped a dress size or two...



No comments:

Post a Comment