Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Inside the Mind of a Daydreamer

Two things I should tell you about me before I go any further; I am fickle and I am easily led. I would prefer to think of these as endearing childlike qualities rather than bad traits. I think of it more as being flexible and adaptable to situations and ideas. Perhaps I can even bend it enough to say that I am just very open-minded. Yes, that sounds better.

To give you an idea of what I mean, in the past few months I have strongly considered the following options very seriously indeed as my next possible career move:

1. Quitting my job and moving to a Buddhist monastery in Nepal for a month. I even put down the deposit on this. I won’t go into the reasons why it didn’t pan out, unless you really want me to…
2. Trying to find media jobs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur etc.
3. Moving in with my friends in Sydney and trying to get a job while I’m over there.
4. Becoming a volunteer in Burma.
5. Trying to find a charity job in Asia. Anywhere in Asia.

Today, I have a new idea: Quit my job, go on a press trip with my friends to the Philippines and then try and blag and freelance my way around Asia until I can secure either a lucrative freelance career or get a job working within a charity organisation.

Really, I just want to travel and earn enough to pay off these credit cards.

I am of the feeling that if all I daydream about is quitting my job and going to Asia, then I really should go there. I wonder what I am waiting for sometimes
.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    You joined my blog, thank you.
    I just read your "a bit about me" and I love it. It is so honest.
    Last year I was so lucky to have been in Dubai for 10 days. I enjoyed it, I know what you are talking about.
    I wish you much luck for your blog and your plans. It is much fun to blog.
    Have a great day.
    Namaste
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete