Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hanu's Competitive Yoga

I am just about to do some yoga in my bedroom. I have a little yoga corner full of books and incense and beautiful things to make me feel nice. I'm going to run through an Ashtanga routine and then focus on specific asanas to open up my hips, because...

I have a small problem. I am competitive in yoga. This is against everything yoga is, but unfortunately it's a nasty little trait I have. So, tonight I am working on my Hanumanasana. After all, I am Hanu. I should be able to get into my own asana. Nearly there, but still require the bricks.




If you have read my past posts, you will know that if/ when I have my own yoga practice, I wanted to call it Hanu Yoga, but that name is already taken. How about Hanu's Competitive Yoga, then? I think it would go down about as well as Bikram Choudhury does with traditional yogis.

I am going to try and let go of the competitiveness. Just as soon as I am the best in my class.

1 comment: