Monday, February 8, 2010

Running is Beastly

It turns out hippos can run. They can run about 30km an hour, apparently. This is faster than man.

[Please forgive me for directing you to the bloody awful Daily Mail, but this is funny]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208479/Shocked-gamekeeper-runs-life-ton-hippo.html

So, this also goes to explain why I just beat my personal best 3.5km running time. I even had to stop at one point to massage my calves. I completed it in 21 minutes and 59 seconds. A full one minute one second less than my best time a week ago. Not bad going (even though it's still a terrible time).

Tomorrow I am going to run another fartlek session to see if that will help me improve some more. Fartlek makes me feel like I am going to die, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment