Saturday, February 20, 2010

So much to do, so little idea where to start

I have learnt to pick my battles a bit when it comes to arguements. I used to get angry a lot and 'unleash the wrath' - as my friends called it. Now, not so much. Now I have another problem when it comes to picking battles.

How do you decide what causes to pursue? I would love to help the people of Burma - that is a cause that just breaks my heart. So does Tibet, Xinjiang, the mistreatment of animals, poverty all over the world - women who can't afford to feed their children, kids who sniff glue to distract themselves from their reality, men who travel to Dubai to work as slaves to keep their families afloat - who literally give up their lives for their children.It's all so worthy. How can we help? How do we choose where to direct our attentions?

After nearly two and a half years in Dubai I would like some reality. And I would like to know I am doing something to make the world a nicer place.

How can we make a real difference every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment